Acceptable Use Policy
Our mission is to empower small and medium-sized businesses everywhere to achieve greater profitability and growth. We do this by providing a one-stop commerce platform that provides our customers the tools and features they need to securely connect with consumers, manage their operations, accept payments, and grow their business.
The terms below are incorporated into, and form an integral part of, the Sauecommerce Terms and Conditions. The Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) describes prohibited activities and examples of the things Customer should not do, whether on its own or on someone else s behalf, when using Sauecommerce s Products:
Unless otherwise defined herein, capitalised terms shall have the meaning ascribed them in the Terms and Conditions. Any breach of the terms below will be deemed a material breach of the Agreement.
1. Illegal Activities: Customer must not use Products in any unlawful, deceptive, exploitative, or fraudulent manner, or for any such purpose. This means no phishing, spoofing, stealing, impersonating others, or engaging in misleading or unethical marketing or advertising.
2. Misrepresentation: Customer must not make claims (whether medical, scientific or otherwise) that are factually incorrect or unsupported by documented evidence.
3. Harassment, defamation, threats. Customer must not promote, condone, or distribute any material that is offensive, defamatory, harassing, threatening, hateful, discriminatory, obscene, or is otherwise objectionable.
4. Discrimination, violence. Customer must never incite violence. Not ever. Customer must not promote, nor condone, abuse against any person based on race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual preference, age or disability.
5. Personally Indentifiable information: Customer must not disclose or distribute any material that contains personal, medical/health, sensitive, or other confidential information without the express consent of the data subject.
6. Intellectual property: Customer must not infringe or misappropriate anyone s copyright, trademark, privacy or publicity rights.
7. Data collection: Customer must not collect or harvest data from Products or systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running Products.
8. Interference. Customer must not use Products in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair, descramble or compromise or circumvent our systems or security (including those of Sauecommerce s third-party providers), or interfere with other users. This includes the use of bots to access and use Products as well as other unapproved automation.
9. Spam: Customer must not use Products to transmit unsolicited commercial electronic messages, bulk or otherwise.
10. Firearms. Customer must not be a firearms store, or offer for sale illegal firearms or any parts or components that, when used with a legal firearm, would be illegal.
Sauecommerce may take action against Customer s account if Sauecommerce concludes, in its sole discretion, that Customer s conduct or business is inconsistent with the letter or spirit of this Policy. This means Sauecommerce can, at any time and for any reason (except where prohibited by applicable law), remove any content or suspend or terminate Customer s account without refunding any prepaid Products, without liability and without notice to Customer. Any determination made by Sauecommerce in connection with this Policy will be final and binding. Sauecommerce reserves the right to enforce, or not enforce, this Policy in its sole and absolute discretion.
Sauecommerce may revise this Policy from time to time by notifying Customer in accordance with the methods set out in the Terms and Conditions Agreement. If Customer does not accept the revisions to the Policy Customer, Customer must stop using the Products. Customer s continued use of Products after notice of revisions will mean that Customer accepts such revisions.