Stripe allows accepting credit and debit card payments in your online store and it’s easy and fast to set up. You can create a new Stripe account by filling in a short form or connect your existing Stripe account and start accepting online payments straight away. Also, setting up Stripe allows you to set up Apple Pay so customers can checkout with one tap in your store.
In addition, via Stripe you can add different payment options popular in the EU to your store checkout such as giropay, SEPA, iDEAL, Sofort, Klarna.
Stripe is available in over 30 countries including the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Japan, and others.
Setting up Stripe
Before setting up Stripe, check the list of Restricted Businesses to ensure that your business is not in this list and you are allowed to use Stripe to process payments in your store.
To set up Stripe in your store:
- From your store admin, go to the Payment page.
- Click Connect with Stripe. You’ll be taken to the Stripe website.
- Sign in to your Stripe account if you already have one.
- Or fill in the details and create a new Stripe account.
- Follow the instructions on the Stripe site to complete the setup. After that, you will be taken back to your store admin.
Once finished, your Stripe account will be connected to your online store. Customers will be able to pay with Stripe.If Stripe isn’t supported in your country, set up another payment option to accept card payments in your store.