Buy a domain from any provider
A domain name is a big part of your business identity so it’s important to buy a domain name that will accurately represent your business and that’s easy for people to remember.
The steps involved in buying a domain name are as follows:
1.Choose a domain name registrar where you will register the domain name.
You should choose a reputable registrar company that satisfies several criteria to ensure your domain name is in the right hands. Registrar refers to a company, such as GoDaddy, that manages the domain name registration process. Different domain extensions (such as .com) are managed by their respective registries, but those registries don’t sell domains directly to users (aka registrants). That’s where the registrar comes into play.
2. Search for your desired domain name and see if it’s available and pay .Domain names are a hot commodity, which means your first choice might not be available. Fortunately, you’ve got plenty of options.
3. Register your desired domain name with your chosen domain registrar.Once you choose an available domain name, you’ll be ready to register it for 1 or 2 years.
- Navigate to https://my.sauecommerce.com/cp/
- Login to your sauecommerce account using your email id and password
Navigate to Website
- From your store admin panel go to the Website page.
- Click on “Domain”
- Scroll down to Domain name and site address, and then “change address”.
- From the pop up choose “Use your own domain name”
- enter your domain name there.
- Save the changes.
- Log in to your domain registrar’s control panel ,Click on “Manage DNS”
- Click on Add to create a new record
- Select “A” for the record type
- Copy the IP address from the step above
- Paste the IP address into the “Points to” field
- Repeat the steps for CNAME by choosing CNAME for the record type and configure as follows:
- Wait three hours
Confirm DNS propagation at www.whatsmydns.net
Note that your website now resolves to custom domain.